Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 20 Update

Happy Last Day of the Week! 
Thank you (again) to everyone for your flexibility this week!  We were very short - each of you helped out with your covering, flexibility, and concern.  

Every Opportunity:
I've shared this in the past; it's a great reminder of the power of our impact on the experiences, opportunities, and "weather" we live in at McKinley.  I understand that times are tough - illness, subbing shortage, cold weather, etc.  I get it.  I'm feeling it, too.   Watching this reminded me that even the little things impact so many things - students' experiences, your mindset and attitude, and the relationships we build with our learners.  

I hope you know, I'm rooting for you.  I know it's tough.  I also know, our kids deserve the best.  This video helped remind me of my impact on that.  


Paraprofessional Appreciation Week:
Next week is Paraprofessional Appreciation Week!  On Monday, our paras will be heading to lunch from 11-12 in recognition of their continued dedication to our students, staff, and school.  Please take some time next week to recognize Bernie, Kara, Stacy, Tarah, and Roxy.  

After School Program - Block II:
We are offering an ASP Block II.  Linked below is a document with a time frame, program dates, and a spot for grade levels to enter your reading and math focus areas.  We discussed this at BLT last night - your rep will have more to share!  


Observation & Evaluation Cycle:
Just a friendly reminder of our observation and evaluation cycle.  I know subbing and other things have caused me to cancel some of these; please re-schedule through Steph.  

If you are not in the observation cycle, please remember to check in on your TDE requirements for the year (teaching staff only).  

International Fun Day at Work:
I completely dropped the ball on planning for this fun day, which was planned for today.  We will move this to February 25.  More information to come!  

Building Weekly Newsletter:

Have a great weekend- stay warm!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4 Update

Happy Homecoming! Another great week at McKinley!    Toot Your Horn Thursday: This week's Toot Your Horn Thursday Winner is Brenda Hager...