Friday, April 19, 2024

April 19 Update

Happy Friday! 
Another great week of learning and relationships!  

Reminders:
  • Purchasing deadline is April 30 - this is for any purchases, including classroom supply budgets.
  • Summer Maintenance Requests are due April 26 - please complete the linked form
  • Staff Power Hour (April 15) - learning work is due today. 

Keep Moving Forward:
I saw the below quote this week and was reminded of the power of just moving forward.  This is often a time of year we are stressed - lots going on, we are excited for summer break, etc.  I often find people saying "I don't feel like I can keep my head above water" or "I'm feeling like I'm not enough".  I'm feeling this lately, too.  This quote is a great reminder for us that sometimes it's enough to just show up for kids.  We might not tackle our ever-growing "to do list" or solve the world's problems in a given day - and that's enough!  Give yourself some grace - you are showing up every day and moving forward.  And, that's enough!  

Educator Appreciation Week:
May 6-10 is Educator Appreciation Week!  As many of you know, my belief is that anyone who works in a school with a student serves in that role as an "educator".  This is a week to celebrate each of you!  Below is our plan to celebrate YOU! 
On Thursday, May 9, a room service cart will come around to your classroom/work area.  Please complete the linked form to place your order.  

Track Meet Schedule:

Building Weekly Newsletter:


Have a great weekend!
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4 Update

Happy Homecoming! Another great week at McKinley!    Toot Your Horn Thursday: This week's Toot Your Horn Thursday Winner is Brenda Hager...