Friday, March 27, 2015

Principal's Update- Friday, March 27, 2015

It's here... Spring Break!  Woo hoo!  Stop in the lounge sometime today for some pre-Spring Break treats!   Like I stated in my email, please take some time to unwind and relax over break.  I'll be heading off to Vegas for the weekend... looking forward to the 90 degree weather!

Enjoy the week and get rested up so we can have a strong finish to the 2014-2015 school year!   

Here are some updates for when we return:

Jeffers Journals-
When you use the Jeffers journals in your class, take some pictures and send to Tom Meagher.  If we can show that we are using these (which I see every day in your rooms!), we can get more for next year. 

PBIS-
A team met Wednesday to talk through some initial planning for PBIS in our building.  PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports.  Our big task for this team is to come up with some common expectations/matrix for the building (hallways, lunchroom, bathroom, etc), as well as a referral system to the office for positive and negative behavior.  The referrals will help us start to collect data on where, when, and why behaviors are occurring.   More information and work will be coming in the next few weeks.  A huge thank you to this team for their help! 

Book Study:
Just a friendly reminder that we will be discussing chapter 3 of our book study (on Wednesday when we return).

Summer Hours:
I know a lot of you have calendars that are filling up quickly.  I am working with Amy LaDue to figure out what/how many hours we can work in June on STEM (in particular math).  I will be in touch soon.

Coaching/Classroom Walkthroughs:
I apologize for not getting around the last week and a half to classrooms.  The office and my schedule have been crazy busy!  I will return to visiting rooms/teachers after break.  Again, when I come in, keep doing what you are doing.  I want to see the great things you are doing! 

Valet Parking for the Week:
The Valet Parking of the Week goes to Marie Sjulstad as a prize for the Big Brothers Big Sisters raffles.  However, Marie has graciously given her parking spot to Lori Huisenga who, according to Marie, "needs it more than I do."  That's Marie- always taking care of others.  Thank you for all you do for McKinley, Marie. 

Again, have a great week of relaxing, resting, and enjoying those around you.  I'll see you April 6th for a strong finish to the school year!
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4 Update

Happy Homecoming! Another great week at McKinley!    Toot Your Horn Thursday: This week's Toot Your Horn Thursday Winner is Brenda Hager...